Valor Preparatory Academy adheres to a comprehensive admissions process aimed at supporting families seeking a classical, Christian education that emphasizes academic and spiritual growth, as well as parent engagement. Applications are processed in the sequence and timeframe outlined in our guidelines.
- Prayerfully consider your family’s needs for education and whether those needs would best be met by Valor Preparatory Academy.
- Verify Student Ages- Students must be 4 yrs old as of September 1st to start in PreK and 5 yrs old as of September 1st to attend Kindergarten at Valor
- Attend Interest Meeting/ Open House– Attend an interest meeting to introduce you to the values and expectations of the school, as well as the University Model. One of these must be done before turning in an application.
- Complete Required Reading – Please be sure to have these books read before scheduling the parent interview with our Administration, but you are welcome to submit your application when ready, even if you have not finished reading them yet.
- a. An Introduction to Classical Education: A Guide for Parents by Christopher A. Perrin, M.Div., PH.D. http://valorprep.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/ICE.pdf
- b. For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macauley
- Apply here: Admissions Application
Please note, many of our classes start out full, or close to full. We encourage you to submit your application early and our Admissions Committee will keep you updated on the status of your application.
- Application Fee – There is a $150 non-refundable application fee per student. This fee includes placement testing and processing of the application and students records.
- Placement Testing – Students applying for PreK and Kindergarten will participate in a readiness screening, and students applying for grades 1 and above will participate in placement testing. Results will be evaluated and discussed in the family interview, as they may influence student placement and/or admission.
- Parent Interview –The interview will be scheduled after your application has been received and reviewed. This interview is for the purpose of building a relationship with the interested parents and discussing the compatibility of the family’s goals with the school’s methods and philosophy. Both parents are required to be in attendance, and we ask that you find childcare for your student(s) during this time.
- Decision Letter and enrollment packet – Upon admission acceptance, you will receive an acceptance email along with a registration acknowledgement (not a ﬁnal conﬁrmation) and instructions on completing the enrollment/registration process and paying the non-refundable fee within ten days. Provided that the enrollment/registration packet with payment is received when due, your child’s registration will be processed and your admission will be complete.
- Purchase uniforms and all required books at the beginning of the summer.
- Attend Family Education Week – The parent serving as the primary Co-Teacher will need to participate in this training designed to equip all teachers in their role at Valor to gain further understanding of our philosophy.
*Valor Preparatory Academy does not discriminate against applicants or students on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin.