Valor Preparatory Academy has implemented and follows a thorough admissions process in an attempt to assist families who strongly desire a classical, Christian education with an emphasis on character development and parental involvement. We will accept and process applications following the order described below and the timeline outlined here.
1. Pray – Prayerfully consider your family’s needs for education and whether those needs would best be met by Valor Preparatory Academy.
2. Interest Meeting – Attend an interest meeting or watch the entire Learn More video here to introduce you to the values and expectations of the school, as well as the University Model. One of these must be done before turning in an application.
3. Parental Reading – Read required books on classical education and University-Model Schools®. Please do not schedule a family interview until you have read these books.
a. Character Driven College Preparation by Dr. John Turner, Jr.
Note: Due to high demand (and prices) online, please email [email protected] to borrow a copy.
b. An Introduction to Classical Education: A Guide for Parents by Christopher A. Perrin, M.Div., PH.D.
5. Application Fee – There is a $120 application fee per student. This fee includes placement testing and processing.
6. Placement Testing – Students applying for PreK and Kindergarten will participate in a readiness screening, and students applying for grades 1 and above will participate in placement testing. Results will be evaluated and discussed in the family interview, as they may influence student placement and/or admission.
7. Family Interview –The interview will be scheduled after your application has been received and reviewed. This interview is for the purpose of building a relationship with the interested family and discussing the compatibility of the family’s goals with the school’s methods and philosophy. While the applicant and both parents are required to be in attendance, the whole family is welcome.
8. Decision Letter and enrollment packet – Upon admission acceptance, you will receive an acceptance letter along with a registration acknowledgement (not a ﬁnal conﬁrmation) and an invoice for the amount of fees to be paid within ten days. Provided that the payment is received when due, your child’s registration will be processed and your admission will be complete.
9. Prepare – Purchase uniforms and all required books at the beginning of the summer.
10. Family Education Week – The parent serving as the primary Co-Teacher will need to participate in this training designed to equip all teachers in their role at Valor to gain further understanding of our philosophy.
Valor Preparatory Academy does not discriminate against applicants or students on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin.