Mom’s “Minute Devo”–Monday, Jan. 28th
Praying for Your Children
If you read last week’s “Mom’s Minute,” you better believe I’ve been praying for my children! It seems that the older they get, the more I need to pray!! But in reality, we should always be praying and declaring words of life and destiny over our children-from before birth, all the way through our lives. That also goes for our husbands, family members, and those for whom we love and care. In fact, we are called to “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ESV
When my children were younger, I recall that I spent more time praying WITH them. Now that they are older, they will call or text or ask me to pray for them about a wide variety of things from safety in traveling, to success on a test or in a meeting, to winning a game-at least once this season! Often, I have prayed through various challenges and struggles with my children; yet other times, I have had to simply watch what they were going through and pray, believing they are “going through” and not “camping out” in that place! Amen.
I’m certain that many of you have similar stories and many testimonies of your journey with your children and can attest to the POWER OF PRAYER in their lives and your own. We know prayer is powerful and hopefully we know it’s purpose.
Assuredly, many excellent prayer books & guides are available to use in petitioning the Father for our children. I have used several over the years, but for today, I simply want to share some scriptural confessions with you to pray over your children taken from a sermon I heard years ago and scribbled down on a handout!
- My child WILL confess “Jesus is Lord” over her life. Philippians 2:11, Romans 14:11
- My child WILL be filled with the Holy Spirit without measure! John 3:34
- My child is a GIFT and a REWARD from the Lord! Psalm 127:3
- My child is being TRANSFORMED by the renewing of his mind and will NOT be conformed to this world’s system! Romans 12:1-2
- My child WILL flee from immorality! 1 Corinthians 18:20
- My child honors and obeys me. Ephesians 6:2, Colossians 3:20, Proverbs 31
- My child is BLESSED and will be MIGHTY in the earth! Psalm 112:1-2
- My child TREASURES and MEDITATES in God’s Word! My child shall not forget your Word, Oh Lord. Psalm 119: 9-11, 15, 16
- My child LOVES and pursues WISDOM. Proverbs 4:1-9
- My child WILL fulfill God’s will and purpose for his/her life. Psalm 138:8
Pray these aloud for your children and with your children, thanking Father God, that He hears and answers your requests! Don’t forget to put your child’s name directly in the declaration. AND, say it like you mean it!!
BLESSINGS this week! Email prayer requests or praise reports, or any other comment to [email protected].