Vision, Mission, Values & Beliefs
The vision of Valor Preparatory Academy is to develop passionate disciples of Jesus who know the true, do the good, love the beautiful, and are prepared to courageously influence culture for the glory of God.
Our mission is to provide an excellent education in partnership with our families that is guided by a biblical worldview, the Classical tradition, and the University Model of schooling.
1. We pursue spiritual development through discipleship.
2. We seek to continually learn and grow in every situation.
3. We build community intentionally.
4. We anchor expectations for attitudes and behaviors to Biblical obedience.
Statement of Faith
Our Statement of Faith is fundamental to basic Christian tenets and contains those doctrines to which we unreservedly adhere and teach. It is our desire to maintain this position, remaining united in the salvation and love of Christ and avoiding the dissension which may be caused by denominational distinctives.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons–Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the eternal separation from God (John 5: 28-29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8: 13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30;5:18).
8. We believe that marriage is the God-ordained uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime and that sexual intimacy is a gift designed for the marriage relationship only (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6; Hebrews 13:4).